Thank you very much to Arlene for dragging me into this. Haha!
Apparently, this “award” has being going around for quite some time. The rules have become varied but the aim is the same: introduce up and coming bloggers.
So without further ado…
The Liebster Awards Rules:
Share 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the awarder’s 11 questions.
Ask 11 questions of your own.
Nominate 11 bloggers.
ELEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME
- I collect pencils, not purposely though. One day, I just realized that I have amassed dozens of pencils of all origins. I also have a tendency to buy them in twos and threes even when I have no need for them at all. Then I sharpen them all to fatalistic perfection. Now I have moved on to colored pencils and pens.
- I love listening to Japanese music, particularly rock and alternative, even though I can only understand very little of the lyrics. There are those who complain about people like me who listen to music that “we don’t even understand”. Well, up yours complainers! To quote a witty Cracked article (yes, that comedy site), “Disconnect the language center and the voice becomes another instrument.” I just happen to very much appreciate how jrock (that’s Japanese rock for you) singers pour out their emotions through the ebb and flow of their vocals and how it blends well with the other instruments to complete a sublime thought. Finding out the poetic brilliance of their lyrics afterwards is just the cherry on top.
- In connection to fact no.2, I do love music very much but I rarely watch PVs or music videos. That includes recordings of live performances too. Not my thing, I guess.
- I’m obsessive-compulsive when it comes to design. In my profession, doing proposals and presentations are crucial parts of the job and I can literally spend hours deciding on the perfect shade of blue to complement the green that I would most likely change again in a little while. From the font to the graphics to the positioning of the darn page number, everything has to come together flawlessly.
- I read magazines and newspapers starting from the back. I don’t know why but I get uneasy when I start from the front. How about books you ask? Well sometimes, I decide if a book is worth my time if it has a good ending.
- According to my college professor, I was imprisoned in a dungeon in my previous life. She even added that she had sensed a dark aura surrounding me the moment I stepped into her classroom.
- I don’t like having my pictures taken. As in really. The only times I relent are moments of weakness or when I absolutely must. I do love taking pictures though of scenery.
- I adore kids and toddlers. Then again, whoever with a heart doesn’t?
- I’m a full-blooded couch potato. Give me the remote and a comfy position and I would be in heaven already.
- Instruction manuals and how to’s are for wusses. I would rather engage in trial and error than read through boring product literature. I seem to have a better grasp of procedures when I’m hands-on.
- I’m a Prank Sinatra! Prone to mischief, troll instigator and jokester… at your service.
ARLENE’S ELEVEN QUESTIONS
- What’s the best thing that happened to you today? As I write this, the day is just breaking so it’s only proper to say that the best has yet to come.
- If you could have one super power, what would it be and why? Psychokinesis. “Remote and platter of bacon, come to me!”
- What’s the most adventurous thing you have ever done? Quit my job without even having a backup plan. So far, so good.
- What are you most thankful for? Right now, my niece.
- If money isn’t a problem, where do you want to go for a vacation and who are you going to bring with you? Scotland. I won’t be bringing anyone though. I’ll explore those castles by myself and then eventually bump into my very own prince charming (cue: laugh track)
- How do you like your eggs in the morning? Sunny side up with a runny center!
- What is your favorite movie? Kill Bill volume 1
- If you could trade lives for 24 hours, who would you trade with? Angelina Jolie.
- What do you get from writing/blogging? Catharsis.
- Name one famous person you want to meet. Hideto Takarai also known as HYDE
- List 5 things you are most likely to purchase in the next 72 hours. Ah lemme see..top up for my EZ Link, a pair of formal pants, a dress or two, and a top that can go from work to casual.
MY ELEVEN QUESTIONS
- Brief or boxers? (and you have to choose even if you’re a girl)
- Paste here the link, word, sentence, etc that you last copied, please?
- If an entity can be named after you, what would it be?
- What is that one thing you can never do without?
- When was the last time you cried?
- What’s the biggest prank you’ve played on someone?
- Which part of your body are you most insecure about?
- Name an output (be it an idea, a movie, a song, a story, etc) that you wish you could have done first
- Can you fit your fist in your mouth?
- At the end of Inception, was Cobb only dreaming or did he escape to reality?
- What gives you pleasure but you’re not entirely proud of?
AND LASTLY, THE SELECT FEW I’M BESTOWING THIS SNAZZY AWARD TO
- Get Out From The Shell
- Written in Long Hand
- Complete with Fears
- The Sketchbook Journal
- The Dots Project
- Memories Ghost
- Jenny Speaks
- talking with my own mind
May the sauce be with you!